Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wondering..

So..
The PhD is starting again. After writing bits and pieces and more bits and pieces...losing supervisors and getting more funding..I am back. Back into the battlefield of academics. Trying to write the story of Kashmir and its crafts. Of its people and its traditions, of its politics and the myriad ways the people devise to live, exist and chase happiness.
Also making decisions about what I want to do next and how. With work..with my career. Do I want to go all out and stick with what can turn out to be an exciting career....with tonnes of travel, kind of decent money but no place to call home. Or to head back to India and look for work there. Or to stay here and continue teaching and then look for a slightly less physically taxing option.
People look at options as good..they are good, but when there are too many of them..it makes me wonder.
Wondering!!!

No comments: