Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shantaram

I don't know why I am thinking about this book by Gregory David Roberts, I really liked reading it, but that was a long time ago. I am thinking about ideas from it, don't know why, perhaps it is because I just saw some one on the London underground reading it, perhaps it is because I suddenly have sunk into a whole swamp of myriad thoughts...here are some quotes, quotes that keep coming back to me..

"A dream is a place where a wish and a fear meet. When the wish and fear are exactly the same, we call the dream a nightmare."

"...and sometimes my friend, the love that I have, and can't give to you, crushes the breath from my chest. Sometimes, even now, my heart is drowning in a sorrow that has no stars without you, and no laughter, and no sleep."

"Men reveal what they think when they look away, and what they feel when they hesitate. With women, it’s the other way around."

"Luck is what happens to you when fate gets tired of waiting."

"Sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. Sometimes we cry with everything except tears. In the end that's all there is: love and its duty, sorrow and its truth. In the end that's all we have - to hold on tight until the dawn."

No comments: