Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Conflicting films

I saw two completely different movies this weekend..Eric Segal's Love Story and Shrek 2. Back to back if you please. I spent time crying for the nth time over Love story and laughing loudly over Shrek 2, I mean, is there anyone in the world (apart from younger brothers) who is quite as irritating as the Donkey?

Some bits of the film, which are also bits from the book (screenplay overlaps) have stuck into my head.

Jennifer Cavilleri
"Love means never having to say you are sorry"

Oliver Barret III
"..I give you my hand, I give you my love more precious than money,
I give you myself before preaching or law;
Will you give my yourself? Will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?"

Remember reading this book when I was in class 12...years and years and years ago..well 10 years ago actually..and loving it. Crying through it and reading it over and over again. Well I saw the film after 8 years and it still moved me.

About Shrek...its just unbeatable..the Puss in the Boots and the irritating donkey...TOO MUCH!!

No comments: