Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pills and Bills

I spend a lot of money and time buying the right vitamins and minerals and essential Fish Oils to keep cold and coughs away, to have shiny curly hair, white teeth, strong bones and a good metabolism, great skin, high energy levels...the list of the brilliance goes on....
I spend a lot of time thinking about what I eat and what I dont
I also spend a lot of time listening to well intended lectures "in my best interest" from family and friends.
And I spend a lot of time remembering to eat this stuff at the right time in the right quantities.
And this morning I woke up...with a bad bad BAD cold, a really sore throat and fever. I dont know why! I eat right, live the right way, sleep the right amount, walk about quite a lot, eat at the right time, dont skip breakfast and live a boringly well planned food life and still this nasty blocked nose, heavy head..that even the Coldarin wont cure...WHY? WHY? WHY?
hang on it gets better....
On the bus to work I read the paper, which had a report about how people in UK overdose on vitamins and minerals and these can hamper health.
Am I in shock...No ...not really, am not exactly a softie.
Am I surprised...well perhaps a bit.
Am I pissed off...OH YEAHHH!! Big time.

No comments: