Monday, February 05, 2007

Yet Another Weekend

Well this weekend, I thought I would not listen to any music, but then sometimes songs come in to my head out of nowhere and then I have to sing them aloud..and if I do have the music with me..have to hear it full blast and then change the music or I shall be singing it all weekend. Well this weekend came Mr Adams in my head, in his typical husky voice and loud vocals. The only thing that could wipe him from my head was Pussy Cat Dolls..and I shall not go into that one..

This is typical Adams..loud, fast paced, straight from the heart, good lyrics perfectly balanced between being real and mushy!

When You Are Gone.

i've been wandering around the house all night
wondering what the hell to do
i'm trying to concentrate but all i can think of is you
well the phone don't ring cuz my friends ain't home
i'm tired of being all alone
got the tv on cuz the radio's playing songs that remind me of you

baby when you're gone - i realize i'm in love
the days go on and on - and the nights just seem so long
even food don't taste that good - drink ain't doing what it should
things just feel so wrong - baby when you're gone

i've been driving up and down these streets
trying to find somewhere to goya i'm lookin' for a familiar face but there's no one i know
this is torture - this is pain - it feels like i'm gonna go insane
i hope you're coming back real soon - cuz i don't know what to do

baby when you're gone - i realize i'm in love
the days go on and on - and the nights just seem so long
even food don't taste that good - drink ain't doing what it should
things just feel so wrong - baby when you're gone...

Bryan Adams
Album: On A Day Like Today.

1 comment:

Soulmate said...

one of my favourite songs... infact while i was given farewell in my previous prganisation, my manager mentioned that I seem to the biggest fan of Adams.. All day long I used to listen his songs..