Friday, January 13, 2006

Ambition-less

I am satisfied with what I have, where I am and what I do.
I dont want anything more. Seriously. Nothing. I am ok with my current salary, current job, relationships with friends and family. I dont want to meet more people, change jobs and climb the next rung. Whatever that is.
I am ok with how my life is and when asked where I see myself 5 years from now (typical interview type question) I dont know what to say. Will saying...I see myself right here, doing exactly this...be wrong?
Is ambition a desirable skill/ quality or a neccesary eligibilty criteria to be happy/ successful?
Is not wanting the best car and the biggest house and travelling the world, a 'jet set' life - wrong?
Is it ok to want only small pleasures of being able to talk and spending time at home?

I am ambitious about what I want to do with my work in Kashmir..but that ambition is more like hope. I hope I can improve someone's life by transferring my skills. I hope I can help someone read, write and make some money. But the am I differentiating between 'corporate ambition' and 'grass roots change the planet you live on dream'. Is there a difference?

Or is ambition solely based on how much I shall need to ignore my family and personal life to get ahead and get what I want?

No comments: