Monday, April 10, 2006

Lost Forever


I have lost the one thing that I held most dear to me. The one thing that I loved more than anything else. The only thing that could make me smile and feel comforted at all times. The only thing that gave unconditional love at all times to me. The small thing that I bottle fed and potty trained. The one thing that made me wish I was home!
Tweety. My dog died on Saturday 8 April. I cant believe it she wont be there at home to welcome me in. She wont be there to lick me awake and share my duvet. She wont be there to beg for a bone when I am eating meat. She wont be there with a leash in her mouth to take her for a walk. She wont be there on the terrace with me to soak the sun. She wont be there with her unwavering love and her warm eyes, her droppy ears and her furry body. She wont be there. She was my baby, the little 3 week old pup that slept on my pillow, and was spoon fed with baby formula, she shared my food, licked my tears and listened patiently to all my woes. Watched Friends on the TV and went crazy every time I gave her a bath. She watched over my breakfast every time I ate Salaami. She gave dirty looks to my 'outside' shoes coz it meant I would go away. She would sit in my suitcase everytime I would pack to go. She holds the record of the bearer of highest number of kisses ever received! I will miss her 'I LOVE YOU SO MUCH' look..that she had in her eyes every time she looked at me...I will really really miss that.
The tears dont stop falling, my mind refuses to register her death...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neelam,
I totally understand how you feel.
I emember reading about Tweety in your earlier blogs on homecoming and how attached you were to each-other.

A quote by Kahlil gibran in the Prophet:
When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain.

So, you should not grieve and always cherish the moments spent with your most loved one and find Tweety with you in spirit.

And there might be another Tweety with whom you can have a new beginning.Man is never old to shower affection.

Pushkar said...

Mahn!!
Tweety is no more?! Sadness! I remember her from when she was just a few months old...

Sorry for the loss re!

Morpheus said...

Thanks, for the comments. I cant say anything more right now. I cant cry anymore, I cant imagine she wont be there when I get home from the airport. I cant imagine...or perhaps I dont want to imagine.