Monday, March 13, 2006

No English Please

'..You say it best,
when you say nothing at all..'
I think its amazing that people all over the world speak so many languages. I also think its amazing how we (the English speaking lot) think and sometimes assume that others shall speak it too so we can get along without problems. But not everyone speaks English, in some cases they do, but they wont..eg France. They dont like the English and English.
I am having particular problems translating maps from a different language into English so I can get about. The problem gets compounded when you change the script as well. So :( make me realise how little I know about this big place that we inhabit. Also makes me want to travel more to places where language will be a barrier and see how to get along and get around. hmm!

No comments: